Friday, June 29, 2012

Running

I have tried running in the past and I just can't seem to stick with it. I have been going to school and working and playing with my kids, so the amount of time to exercise has been super limited. Don't get me wrong, those are my priorities (work because I have to, school because I want to, and kids because I love to be with them) so I am not blaming any of those situations. Even with my bike I have a hard time getting time to consistently ride. So I have been forced to run. I used to be one of those die hard running hater guys. Never in my mind would I ever think of actually enjoying it at all. Today I think I am admitting to liking this. I think I get what runners talk about when they say "runners high." Oh, and I figured out that if you run 3 or 4 miles, it's a lot easier than just running 1. It's like your legs finally turn on. Your endorphins kick in and you can actually start moving. This could get addicting. Now let's hope to get in a bike ride tomorrow.

No comments: